HR Martin County
Employment Law Conference
Friday, June 22, 2018 - 8:00am - 3:30pm
Willoughby Golf Club
3001 SE Doubleton Drive, Stuart 772.220.6000
On behalf of HR Martin, we would like to invite you to join us for the 11th Annual Employment Law Conference. This year’s event is scheduled for Friday, June 22, 2018 at Willoughby Golf Club in Stuart. A continental breakfast and networking opportunity will start the day at 8:00 a.m. and the program begins at 8:45. Three speakers will present in the morning, lunch will be served at noon, two more presentations in the afternoon coupled with dessert, raffles, and Book Nook to support the SHRM Foundation. Ian Henry will be the MC and the day will end at 3:45. We are pleased to have R.V. Johnson and Colonial Life as our sponsors.
This year promises to engage and educate you as a line-up of top-notch speakers are in store. This year’s presenters include:
- Norman Mann, Assistant District Director of the US DOL, Wage and Hour Division brings over 20 years of experience to us as a Wage & Hour Investigator. Norman will apprise us of the latest FLSA trends and litigation.
- Simeon Brier, Esquire, an experienced litigator who has handled employment cases of every nature and who provides general advice to employers of all sizes. Simeon will provide a comprehensive overview on training, compliance, and related procedures for handling and investigating claims in the post #MeToo workplace.
- Patrick Martin, Esquire, focuses his practice on employment law matters, advises employers on preventive strategies to minimize potential litigation and emphasizes the importance of striking the correct balance between business and legal issues. Patrick will address current federal laws requiring pay equity and will highlight recent developments in compensation and pay equity laws.
- Vergie Bain, Compliance Assistance Specialist, of OSHA has 30 years of experience with the OSHA team. She has been in her current role since 2000 and provides assistance, education and training to businesses to promote voluntary compliance with OSHA’s safety and health standards. Vergie will tell us what is around the regulatory corner, what industries OSHA is targeting, and the new penalty system.
- Michael Farrell, Esquire, Miami District Director for the United State Equal opportunity Commission (EEOC). He is admitted to practice laws in state and federal courts in both Florida and California and has been admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court. Michael will review the EEOC’s strategic enforcement plan and guidance on steering clear of possible pitfalls.
$85 for both Members and Non-Members
Companies sending 3 or more attendees will receive a $10.00 per person discount
This year's conference has been approved for 5 general recertification credit hours toward: SHRM-CP, SHRM -SCP, PHR, SPHR and GPHR
Willoughby Golf Club Dress Code: business casual (Acceptable attire includes collared shirts, slacks, dresses, skirts, etc. No blue jeans/denim, shorts, tank tops are allowed.)